Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Flower Girl

Last Saturday, was Cali's first time as a flower girl (mom's second). :) I escorted Cali down the aisle with a basket of flowers and her in a cute dress. We wanted to use a cute decorated wagon to cart her down the aisle, but the Priest was just not having it. I had convinced the "church ladies" to sign on. Unfortunately, the Priest was the last say, so I carried her down. It was bit nerve racking as I was trying to keep her from throwing the flower she had in her hand on the ground or at someone. She was not going to hold the basket. She wanted no part of the basket. And all I was thinking "Do NOT Trip!"

Like anticipated, Cali started to fuss during the vows, so unforunately mommy had to miss them. However, the wagon did come in handy at the end because it was at the back of the church and a great item to occupy her with as the mass concluded.

(Oh yeah! The flowers, bride, bridesmaids, groomsmen, the ceremony, everything was beautiful. But read the title of the blog - Cali's world. :) )

The reception was at an amazing mansion in Orange and once again that wagon came in handy. Especially when I needed to feed her, it was perfect for her to sit in. It was a little hard at first keeping the other children from wanting a ride. However, I think after asking several times and getting the same answer as "No," they stopped asking. It was hot, but luckily there were hand fans as favors and I like servant to her queen, fanned Cali. When the bridal party was announced I pulled Cali out on the wagon like a princess. Everyone said she was smiling. I again was thinking, "Do NOT Trip!"

Cali was a trooper for the entire event and was exhausted by the time we got back to Grandma and Grandpa's. She was asleep in her carseat and remained asleep until the next morning. Check out the photo slideshow for more pics of Cali in her Flower Girl Gear.

(props to our pink flamingo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The FAMOUS Rainforest Toy

The FAMOUS Rainforest Toy
Fisher Price Rainforest Waterfall Peek-a-Boo Soother - Thank You Aunt Mary and Monica!

Waiting

Waiting
Waiting for the Tow Truck