The week before Cali’s baptism was crazy. There was a major miscommunication between the instructor of the baptismal class and the “front desk” of the church. I tried to turn in the paperwork the instructor indicated, just to find out I did not have everything and needed to get items that were not even mentioned in the class. Needless to say, it was frustrating and between a ton of phone calls and coordination. Everything got in on time!
On the day of the baptism, Mark and I were afraid to put Cali in her beautiful baptismal gown because it was POOP day! Poop day? You ask… Cali poops every other day. This is common in babies because of the amount of nutrition their body needs and what not. So, she poops every other day. Well, she does a BIG poop every other day. We did not put her in the gown until a few minutes before the ceremony.
Deacon Jay was great. He really made the ceremony special. It was adorable, Cali was sitting on my lap and as Deacon Jay spoke, she intently watched him. It was ssoooo cute. (If anyone has a photo of this please forward it to me.) She didn’t cry when the water was washed over her head. She did kind a look at me like “What’s going on?” It was really wonderful ceremony and I had to hold back tears. It was really touching the entire experience.
The reception that followed was a lot of fun, but exhausting. When I got home that night, Cali and I crashed out on the couch. It took us both no time to fall asleep. I think I’m still recovering from the weekend and Cali still smells like the oil. But it eases my mind to know that she’s finally marked for “Eternal Salvation.” : 0)
I will try to get more photos up tonight. I just haven’t had the time.

Oh I am so sorry I missed this! I so wanted to be there! Grandma said she was just adorable!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I do understand about the "poop" day. Brenna did that. =)